OUR KITESURFING AND SUP INSTRUCTORS
Jake has been on the water since his early childhood. His father took him on the first sailing trip when he was 6 and he couldn't get off the water ever since. Starting off with sailing and racing in regattas, he quickly moved over to windsurfing and after 14 years caught a kitesurfing bug and never looked back. The school allows him to combine his passion for watersports, teaching and sharing the stoke!
Archie is one of the most experienced kitesurfers in Scotland and by far the highest jumping one north of the border! Archie has been kitesurfing for over 7 years and has gained an extensive teaching experience. As part of our school, Archie teaches all beginner and advanced classes - both groups, 1:1 tuition and boosting classes for those who want to go higher than ever before!
Rick has joined Skymonster team in 2020 working as a SUP instructor after gaining his ASI Paddleboarding Instructor qualification. Rick has years of experience training pilots - it's fair to say he's got plenty of patience and cold blood! Rick is also assisting with kitesurfing lessons being a kiteboarder for over 5 years he's working towards his IKO qualification.
Stu has joined Skymonster paddleboarding team in 2021. Qualified by the ASI, the most rigorous SUP organisation in the world, Stu's teaching paddleboarding basics and runs coaching classes for intermediate riders. With years of multi-sports experience, including SUP racing and long distance paddleboarding marathons, you'll be in safe hands during your SUP lessons!
Ola takes care of all our bookings for kitesurfing and SUP lessons, scheduling students and juggling weather forecasts to match them with our student's availability. Given fickle Scottish weather it's a pretty tricky task!
Local kitesurfing and SUP Store: Skymonster Kitesurfing and SUP - with special offers for all our students!
Local kitesurfing communities:
- Edinburgh Kiteboarders - a Facebook group where local kitesurfers from Edinburgh and Fife exchange information about spots, weather, sessions and trips.
Live weather for local spots:
- Live weather station near Gullane: EOSM
- Live weather station near Cramond (always over-reads the wind speed a bit!): MM Weather
- Live weather station near Troon: BeachStats
- Live weather station near St Andrews (NE Wave Spot): TheWindOp
- XC Weather - one of the most accurate forecasts so far
- Windguru - one of the first forecast websites for wind-related activities. Try looking at the more detailed, WRF 9km one.
- Windfinder - choose Gullane spot for tides information
iOS / Android Apps: Wisuki, Windfinder, Windguru