SUP Lessons in Scotland - Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian
Standup Paddleboarding or SUP'ing for short is one of the easiest to pick up and fastest growing water activities in the world. It's an amazing tool for exploring the coastline, rivers, lakes and lochs or catching waves!
The great thing about SUP is that anyone can do it - our lessons are designed for students from 12 to 70 year olds and cover all the basics and advanced aspects of paddling. Amongst other things, we'll teach you:
- SUP Safety & pre-SUP risk assessment,
- How to get up on the SUP board and how keep your balance,
- Correct and effective paddling techniques,
- Self-rescue so you'll feel safer on the water,
- We also run 1:1 coaching sessions - both in flat water and in the surf!
Our instructors have over 20 years of experience - from flat water racing to SUP surfing. So you're in the best hands to get you up on the board and coach you through all levels of SUP journey.BOOK YOUR SUP LESSON NOW!
SUP Lessons in Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian
Our lessons are aimed at those wanting to make their first steps into the world of paddleboarding. Our instructors are qualified by the ASI - Academy of Surfing Instructors, the world's leading stand up paddle accreditation and training organisation.
Some of our teaching locations include:
- Dunbar and North Berwick - with an amazing coastline and breathtaking views. Suitable for beginners on flat days and available for SUP tours.
- Musselburgh Lagoons - easy and enclosed space to safely learn SUP near Edinburgh. Because it's mostly sheltered from the wind it's one of our most popular beginner teaching grounds.
- Longniddry - located in East Lothian it's an amazing place to learn how to SUP in the open water with just small chop to get your balance right.
- Gladhouse Reservoir - short journey from Edinburgh, fairly flat water making it easy to pick up the basics of SUP and to progress.
Includes hire of a SUP board, paddle and a wetsuit. Max group size is 6 and the lessons lasts 2 hours. Suitable for all beginner levels - from the first time on the water to improving your technique and learning how to keep balance whilst standing up.
If you want to work on your paddling technique, learn how to catch your first waves we can guide you through this process during the 1:1 session. Or if simply you want to learn the basics outside a group lesson!
Why Choose Us?
- The most experienced instructors and SUP'ers in Scotland
- We use only the best equipment from market leading brands
- Effective lessons programme - learn how to SUP fast
- Discounts for our students on the SUP equipment